Let’s get to the nut and grail of the topic. The Night of Al-Qadr or power has clearly been talked about in the Quran. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has emphasized its importance is an entire surah 0r chapter in the following manner.
1. Verily! We have sent it (this Qur’an) down in the night of Al-Qadr (Decree)
2. And what will make you know what the night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is?
3. The night of Al-Qadr (Decree) is better than a thousand months (i.e. worshipping Allah in that night is better than worshipping Him a thousand months, i.e. 83 years and 4 months).
4. Therein descend the angels and the Ruh [Jibrael (Gabriel)] by Allah’s Permission with all Decrees,
5. Peace! (All that night, there is Peace and Goodness from Allah to His believing slaves) until the appearance of dawn.
During the night of decree, the Quran was completed and sent down on to earth for us to take guidance from. We have been notified that it had been sent down in one of the odd nights of the last 10 days in Ramadan. However, we are unsure of which night it had been sent down. Therefore, it has been advised by scholars to do our best and praying during all 10 or at least the odd nights to maximize its benefits. Let me tell you something uplifting for the soul. We have been assured that prayers during the night of decree are multiplied by 83 years and 4 months. Now, imagine praying all of the odd nights, wouldn’t the award just blow our mind?!
Focusing on not just personal prayers and ibadah but also good deeds towards helping others, making someone smile, and increasing charity will also help us achieve our goals. May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى help and allow us to make the best of these nights, earn His mercy and forgiveness, and give back to His people.