What do I say that Ramadan is hope for not just this life, but the hereafter as well? Well, if we are aware of all the rewards and encouragement to do good are gained throughout the month, we would understand its value. In order to get a simple yet thorough understanding of the concept of Ramadan, please check out my previous 25 posts under Ramadan2017.
وَالَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا فِينَا لَنَهْدِيَنَّهُمْ سُبُلَنَا ۚ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمَعَ الْمُحْسِنِي
And those who strive for Us – We will surely guide them to Our ways. And indeed, Allah is with the doers of good. (Qur’ān 29:69)
Here are a couple of things Ramadan teaches us to increase hope for a prosperous life and successful hereafter.
- Allows us to repent and be guaranteed forgiveness by Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى
- Provides us chances to serve to mankind for their needs and gain rewards
- Encourages us to look at those below us who are pleading to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى to have what we have. This is to push us to become thankful for what we have been blessed with.
- Encourages unity amongst not only Muslim brothers and sisters but the entire mankind because Prophet Muhammad Peace Be Upon Him was sent as a mercy upon the entire mankind
- Ramadan motivates us to recite and understand the Quran in which Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى emphasizes not to give up hope in various ways
- Recitation and clear understanding of the Quran lays out the guidelines for becoming successful and that comes with keeping hopes high
- Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى assures the believer that repentance will provide prosperity & peace
- Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى also says not to despair if we have sinned against ourselves. This is to give us hope that He سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will forgive if we repent
All in all, if we have sinned or committed unacceptable mistakes throughout the year, Ramadan gives us the hope to try once again and change our ways. Mending our acts will allow us to gain more control over our desires & behaviours to become good believers. May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى help us all to become successful in both worlds and enlighten us with the ability to overcome our shortcomings.