Tell me something! Have you had the chance to pause and think about the rewards you may have earned going in to day 9 of Ramadan? Yes?! Well, you can find out more about it now and thank Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى even more. And no you haven’t thought about it? No need to despair, let’s count it all down together right here, right now!
WHAT WE LEARNED
So, by now you know the main purpose of Ramadan is not your thirst and hunger, rather, it is to gain prosperity through extra supplications, gratitude towards Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, and serving the human kind. Along side, we are well aware of what our Prophet PBUH has said about the importance of fasting while the consequences of not fasting. So, what about the rewards for those of us who have been fasting and praying sincerely to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى for prayers to be answered quicker than ever?!
Before we move further, I want to reiterate that if a prayer we have made has not been answered yet, in months and years, please never give up hope. I have been in many discussions with loved ones who talk about giving up and there is nothing more painful to see than a human giving up hope in the mercy and bestowing trait of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. Recall that when we ask for something, it is answered in 3 of the following forms:
- Prayer is answered and granted as asked
- Something better is granted in return
- It is held back for our betterment (only if we knew) for the hereafter for a reward much greater than what may have been granted in this world
WHAT DID WE EARN?
Here we go!
- Despite committing mistakes through Ramadan, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى forgives and forgets if we have been asking for forgiveness as the doors of Hell have been closed since day 1 of the month
- So, we know the Quran was revealed in this Holy month, hence, if we have been reciting Quran even by one page a day, we have been receiving double and triple the amount of rewards in comparison to other 11 months of the year
- Since there are no devils (shayateen) around us, we surely have been feeling a sense of peace, love, mercy and kindness in our heart towards not only ourselves & Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى but also towards our parents, siblings, friends, spouses, and even those we do not know. This is a blessing (ehsaan) of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى for us, cherish it!
- In the last 10 minutes before breaking our fast, we are the most closest to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. You knew that right?! So, what have we gained through that? All the prayers we have been making during those 10 mins are being answered in form or another
- Whatever good deed we may have been doing until now, every single deed has been multiplied by 10, 70 and/or 700 depending on the type of deed for our better world and hereafter
Although, I have only mentioned the basics, don’t we think this is more than enough?! If not, then rest assure there is no end to the number of rewards in the holy month of Ramadan. All we require is patience and the will power to keep going and believing to see the reward in the end inshaAllah. Not everything earned right away has a charm to it. Some things are better to be owned at a later time which is well known to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.